Sunday 10 June 2012

A delicious surprise on a summers day....

I have just logged on to my laptop to find a thoroughly lovely review on Amazon of my first published poetry collection, 'Some of Her Parts'.

It's so lovely in fact that I feel the need to share it with you:

Poetry from the mind of Natascha Tallowin takes on a life of its own in the collection SOME OF HER PARTS. Vivid imagery and wild descriptions color the contemporary topics of break-ups, illicit sexual trysts, aging, and writers of fiction, among many others. Odes to perfect dream men, Oats (a cat), and Dracula (a masquerader?) are some samples of the subject matter that Tallowin presents from her day to day observations of people, places, things, and thoughts. Tallowin's use of paradox, as in "The Boy" is a running theme through the collection ("Don't worry, I'm here; I'm your girl") as well as her tendency to call out individuals in particular ("Jennifer Schecter, For you the words from a salted tongue"), as seen in the title piece, "Some of Her Parts." At times dreamlike with glitter (although often it tarnishes...), and then suddenly venomous, Tallowin's poetry is consistently brilliant!

- by the beautiful Beth Lynne of www.bzhercules.com (THANKYOU!)
P.S. The review is about me I promise, the book was published under my maiden name of Tallowin.



No comments:

Post a Comment